Pages

Tuesday 9 March 2021

Recount Writing - Tues

 Recount Writing


Task: Today you will be writing a recount about what happened at school or at home yesterday. 


  1. Your writing must have a title e.g. ‘Back to school in Level 2’

  2. Orientation/Beginning - Where? Why? What? Who? How? When?

  3. Middle - What happened? 

  4. Conclusion/End - Tell us how you felt about it. 


What kind of language should I use?


  • Past Tense (walked, ran, saw, heard etc.) because these things have ALREADY happened.


  • Descriptive language; Use your 5 Senses to add interesting details.


Brainstorm: Write down a few ideas or adjectives/words to help you get started:




Writing Plan/Outline:


Title: My time at home

1st Paragraph:

2nd Paragraph:

3rd Paragraph:

Ending: 



Start your writing here: 


Yesterday me and my brother stayed home. It was even a school day oh and I stayed with my grandpa. We made a fort, played cards and did so much more. First we made a fort. Me and my brother made seprit forts. My brother's fort was made in my aunt's room. Our forts were made out of blankets, little matrissis and some tape to hold it in place. 


Then we got to work by building the fort. I was the one that did most of the work while my brother on the other hand just relaxed on the bed.  My fort was on the side of the room while my brother's fort was on the other side of the room. My fort was huge while my brother's fort was a little small.


Then we played cards in the fort. The card game that we played was called UNO. it was a little hard to play in the fort because it was a little dark. Sadly my brother won all the rounds that I thought was not fair. After that we had lunch, for lunch we had a halved pie. Finally we read a book. My book was called I Survived. My book was about the Titanic hitting an iceberg and sinking. Lastly we finished the day by relaxing in our fort. Yesterday was an awesome day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.